Snorkeling with Mantas

back to HOME          
(all posts regarding our trip to Indonesia)
Manta Point Indonesia.

We visited Manta Point on our way back from Komodo island. Unfortunately I did not have fins so I could not snork down to be next to Mantas (they were about  minus 10 meters from the surface) but anyway it was amazing. I dived as deep as I could to do some photos and video.
The quality of the video  is not good but for us it does not metter since the moment by itself is very memorable. We also want to thank you to the captain our boat Bachtiar (bachtiartrip@yahoo.com) . Mostly he found all the Mantas we saw. I did one good shot of him with Manta together.


We saw about 8-10 Mantas during our snorkeling. The closest ashore to the point  is about 800 meters. There is quite strong  current (water stream) so you just drift and enjoy :)  when ship is following your drift.





more photos










I wish you to have the same feeling as I had during our snorkeling at the Manta Point.

No comments: